A relaxed, “in conversation with” style format with personal insights into the challenges currently facing NEDs in the COVID-19 crisis.
Strong, independent Non-Executive Directors (NEDs) are vital to a wide range of organisations, as they bring specialist expertise and valuable insights to the board. The global COVID-19 outbreak has meant that leadership and good governance is more important than ever, but it has also posed a set of challenges to the independent NED.
NEDs are grappling with a series of issues in dealing with this black swan event:
- Striking the right balance between independence and operational involvement
- Assessing the need to shift from constructive challenge to more of a supportive role for the executive
- Navigating the deficiencies of virtual interaction when healthy boards are built on human-level understanding and relationships
ICAEW’s board effectiveness manager, Julia Root-Gutteridge, will explore these issues with Gary Dixon, ICAEW member and experienced NED and founder of INED.
In a change to recent ICAEW webinars, this event will be a shorter, podcast style broadcast, with live video feed of the chair and speaker, and will rely on their conversation with minimal/no slides.
Benefits of attending
- Insights into the role of an independent NED
- Thoughts on how board members and boards collectively could best respond to the COVID-19 crisis
- No charge for members of the Corporate Governance Community which is a free Community to join.
- Non-members £50 + VAT